Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding internship in Singapore? Look no further than the Singapore Internship Visa, which allows international students or recent graduates to gain valuable experience working for companies in Singapore. Here’s what you need to know about the application process, eligibility requirements, and more:
To be eligible for the Singapore Internship Visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a foreign student who is at least 18 years old, or a foreign graduate who has completed their degree in the past 12 months
- You must be currently enrolled in a university or have graduated from one within the past 12 months
- You must have secured an internship in Singapore from a company that is willing to sponsor your visa
Once you’ve secured an internship and sponsorship from a company in Singapore, the next step is to apply for the visa. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Submit your application online through the Ministry of Manpower’s website
- Pay the application fee (which varies depending on how long you’ll be staying in Singapore)
- Provide all required documents, including your passport, educational transcripts, and offer letter from your sponsoring company
- Attend an appointment at the Ministry of Manpower’s office to have your fingerprints and photo taken
- Wait for your visa to be approved
Duration and Renewal
The duration of your Singapore Internship Visa will depend on the length of your internship, up to six months for single entry and 12 months for multiple entries. If you wish to renew your visa, you must do so at least two months before the expiry date. The renewal period is also up to six months for single entry and 12 months for multiple entries.
Tips for Securing an Internship
Securing an internship in Singapore can be competitive, but there are ways to increase your chances of success. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Start your search early, as many companies begin recruiting for internships months in advance
- Research the company and tailor your application to their specific needs and values
- Network with professionals in your field to learn about potential opportunities
- Highlight any relevant experience or skills you have in your application and interview
The Singapore Internship Visa is an excellent opportunity for international students or recent graduates to gain practical work experience in a dynamic and rapidly growing economy. By following the application process and meeting the eligibility requirements, you can secure your spot at your desired company and begin your journey towards a successful career in Singapore.
- The Singapore Internship Visa is available for international students or recent graduates who have secured an internship in Singapore from a sponsoring company.
- The eligibility requirements include being currently enrolled in a university or having graduated within the past 12 months and being at least 18 years old.
- The application process includes submitting an application online, paying a fee, providing all required documents, attending an appointment at the Ministry of Manpower’s office, and waiting for your visa to be approved.
- The duration of the visa depends on the length of your internship, up to six months for single entry and 12 months for multiple entries.
- When securing an internship, it’s important to start early, tailor your application to the company’s needs, network with professionals, and highlight relevant experience or skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work part-time while on the Singapore Internship Visa?
No, the Singapore Internship Visa only allows you to work for the sponsoring company during your internship.
Can I bring my family with me to Singapore while on the internship visa?
No, the Singapore Internship Visa does not allow for dependents to accompany you.
Can I extend my visa beyond the maximum duration?
No, the Singapore Internship Visa is not extendable beyond the maximum duration of six months for single entry and 12 months for multiple entries.
Leave a Reply