If you’re planning to study in Canada, one of the steps in the student visa application process is booking a biometric appointment. Biometric appointments are a mandatory requirement to obtain a student visa to Canada. It’s crucial to ensure that you have all the information required to book a biometric appointment, and this guide will provide you with everything you need to know about the appointment process.
- Biometric appointments are a mandatory requirement for Canada student visa applications.
- You need to book a biometric appointment as part of the student visa application process.
- You must provide biometric information, including fingerprints and a photograph, at the appointment.
- You need to book the biometric appointment in advance and attend in person.
- The biometric appointment cost is CAD 85.
What is a biometric appointment?
A biometric appointment is an interview session where an applicant is required to provide biometric information, which includes fingerprints and a photograph. This information is used to verify the applicant’s identity and conduct necessary background checks.
Why are biometric appointments necessary for Canada student visa applications?
Biometric appointments are mandatory for most applicants because they help Canada’s immigration authorities confirm an applicant’s identity and ensure they are not on the list of inadmissible individuals. They also assist in preventing identity theft and protecting Canada’s border by screening out applicants who may pose a security risk.
How to book a biometric appointment for Canada student visa
To book a biometric appointment for a Canada Student Visa application, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Government of Canada website to apply for your study permit.
- Complete your application and pay the processing fee, which includes biometric fees.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation message containing a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number.
- Use the UCI number to create a Canada immigration account and link your study permit application to your account.
- Schedule your biometric appointment at one of the Canada visa application centers.
When to book a biometric appointment
It would be best to book your biometric appointment as soon as possible after receiving an email from the Canadian visa office, inviting you to do so. It is advisable to apply for your study permit well in advance of the semester’s start date to avoid having any delays in processing.
What to expect at the biometric appointment
During the biometric appointment, you will need to provide your fingerprints and a photograph. You will have your fingerprints taken electronically, and your photo will be taken using a webcam. You may need to remove any headscarf or glasses that obstruct your face.
Cost of biometric appointment
The CAD 85 biometric fee is charged per person and is due when applying for a Canada student visa. You will pay this fee as part of the visa application fee.
Booking a biometric appointment is a critical step in the Canada student visa application process. Keep in mind that the biometric appointment must be booked in advance and, most importantly, attended in person. Make sure that you are fully prepared for the appointment by knowing what to expect and what documents to bring. And always apply for your study permit well ahead of your planned travel date.
Q: How long does it take to receive an appointment date for biometric verification?
A: The time taken to receive an appointment date for biometric verification may vary based on the demand for the same. It is advisable to apply for a student permit well in advance of the planned travel date to avoid delays.
Q: Can I reschedule my biometric appointment?
A: Yes, you can reschedule your biometric appointment if you are unable to attend. However, you must do it at least 24 hours in advance by logging into your Canada immigration account.
Q: Do I need to bring anything to the biometric appointment?
A: Yes, you should bring your passport and a copy of the biometric instruction letter that you received from the Canadian visa office. It’s also essential to wear clothing that does not obstruct your face.