If you’re planning to travel to the United States for tourism or visiting family/friends, you will need to apply for a B2 visitor visa. To get your B2 visa, you will need to attend a mandatory appointment at an OFC (Office of Consular Affairs). During this appointment, you will need to provide the required documents to support your visa application.
In this article, we’ll take you through the specific documents required for OFC appointment for a B2 visa.
Required Documents for OFC Appointment for B2 Visa
Here are the essential documents required for your OFC appointment for a B2 visa:
1. DS-160 Confirmation Page
The DS-160 is the online non-immigrant visa application form that you must submit before your OFC appointment. Once you have completed the form, you will receive a confirmation page. You must print and bring the confirmation page to your OFC appointment.
2. Visa Application Fee Receipt
You will need to pay the application fee to schedule your OFC appointment. After paying the fee, you’ll receive a receipt that you must bring with you to your appointment.
You must bring your original passport, which should not have any damage, and must be valid for at least six months beyond your expected stay in the United States. Also, bring any old passports that have been issued to you.
4. 2 x 2 Inch Photograph
You will need to bring a color photograph taken within the last six months showing your entire face. The photo should be in the standard 2 x 2 inch format.
5. Supporting Documentation
You must bring supporting documentation that proves the purpose of your visit to the United States. This might include:
- A letter of invitation from a family member or friend in the United States
- Hotel reservations
- Travel itinerary
- Bank statements showing sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay
- Evidence of ties to your home country (such as a job contract) that prove you will return home after your trip
- You must schedule an appointment with the OFC as part of the B2 visa application process.
- You must bring the DS-160 confirmation page and visa application fee receipt to your OFC appointment.
- Bring your original passport, a recent 2 x 2 inch color photo, and any additional supporting documents that prove the purpose of your visit.
- Be sure to review the latest information on the subject and check the U.S. Department of State website for updates.
With these documents, you will be better equipped to pass the visa application process and have a wonderful stay in the United States.
1. How early should I arrive for my OFC appointment?
You should arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment at the OFC. You will need this extra time to get through security, check-in and complete other necessary formalities.
2. How long does the OFC appointment last?
The OFC appointment usually lasts for 30 minutes, but the duration can vary depending on the number of applicants present on that day.
3. Can I bring a mobile phone to my OFC appointment?
You can bring your mobile phone, but it must be in a switched-off or silent mode. The staff may ask you to turn it off if it disrupts others during the appointment.
Leave a Reply