If you’re a dependent of an L1 visa holder, you may be eligible for an employment authorization document (EAD) that allows you to work legally in the U.S. Here’s everything you need to know about the EAD processing time for L2 visa holders.
EAD Processing Time for L2 Visa: How Long Does It Take?
The processing time for your EAD can vary depending on various factors such as the USCIS workload and the location of the processing office. However, the average processing time for the EAD for L2 visa holders is around 3 to 5 months. Some applicants may receive their EAD sooner, while others may experience delays due to issues with their applications.
Documents Required for L2 Visa EAD Processing Time
To apply for your EAD, you’ll need to submit Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, along with supporting documents such as proof of your L2 visa status, proof of your spouse’s L1 visa status, as well as proof that you’re eligible to apply for an EAD.
Potential Issues with EAD Processing Time for L2 Visa Holders
Some common issues that may arise during the EAD processing time for L2 visa holders include missing or insufficient information on the application, missing or incorrect supporting documents, and failure to provide a valid address for mail delivery. It’s essential to ensure that your application is complete and accurate to avoid any unnecessary delays.
Practical Tips to Help You Navigate the EAD Processing Time for L2 Visa Holders
To make the most of your EAD application process, here are some practical tips to help you:
- Check the USCIS website for the most up-to-date processing times in your area.
- Make sure all your supporting documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Double-check that you’ve signed your application form and that your contact information is accurate.
- Create a USCIS online account to receive updates and track your application status.
- The average EAD processing time for L2 visa holders is around 3 to 5 months.
- Applicants should submit Form I-765 along with supporting documents to apply for an EAD.
- Common issues with EAD processing time for L2 visa holders include missing or incorrect supporting documents and incomplete or inaccurate application forms.
- Practical tips for navigating the EAD processing time for L2 visa holders include checking USCIS for processing times, ensuring accurate supporting documents and application, and creating an online account for status updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can L2 visa holders work in the U.S.?
Yes, L2 visa holders can work in the U.S. with an EAD.
How long does it take to obtain an EAD for L2 visa holders?
The processing time for an EAD for L2 visa holders is around 3 to 5 months, but times may vary depending on USCIS workload and location.
What is Form I-765?
Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, is the form required to apply for an EAD.
Leave a Reply