Dubai is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world, with a business-friendly environment that has made it a hub for entrepreneurs and freelancers. With the booming economy, many freelancers are looking to acquire a freelance visa to work independently in Dubai. However, the process of obtaining a freelance visa can be confusing and costly. In this article, we’ll explore the cost of a freelance visa in Dubai and provide you with everything you need to know.
- The cost of a freelance visa in Dubai ranges from AED 4,340 to AED 22,240 depending on the duration and type of visa.
- Freelancers need to have a valid UAE residence visa, a Dubai-based sponsor, and a trade license from the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority.
- Freelancers need to have a minimum monthly income of AED 5,000 to be eligible for a freelance visa.
- The process of obtaining a freelance visa can take up to two weeks, and applicants need to undergo a medical exam and provide several documents.
Dubai Freelance Visa Cost Breakdown
Acquiring a freelance visa in Dubai involves costs that vary depending on the duration and type of visa.
- Dubai Economy License fee: AED 1,100
- Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA) registration: AED 2,500
- Freelance visa application fee: AED 750
- Medical test: AED 320
- Emirates ID registration: AED 370
- Residence visa processing fee: AED 3,500
- Entry permit application fee: AED 1,800
- Residence visa issuance fee: AED 810
The costs above sum up to AED 11,150. However, there are additional costs that might arise during the process of applying for a freelance visa in Dubai.
It is worth noting that these fees vary depending on the duration and type of visa. So, let’s take a closer look at the different types of freelance visas in Dubai.
Types of Freelance Visas in Dubai and their Costs
Dubai offers two types of freelance visas: short-term and long-term visas. The costs associated with each type of visa vary depending on its duration.
Short-Term Freelance Visa
A short-term freelance visa is valid for 90 days and costs approximately AED 4,340. To become eligible for this kind of visa, you need to have a minimum monthly income of AED 5,000.
Long-Term Freelance Visa
A long-term freelance visa is valid for up to three years and costs approximately AED 22,240. In addition to the requirements for short-term visas, you also need to have a portfolio of previous work and a business plan.
The yearly cost of a long-term visa is around AED 7,450.
Steps to Get a Dubai Freelance Visa
The process of obtaining a freelance visa in Dubai involves several steps that can take up to two weeks. Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Get a Dubai-based Sponsor
A Dubai-based sponsor is a requirement to obtain a freelance visa in Dubai. The sponsor must be a UAE citizen or a Dubai-based company that is ready to support your application for a freelance visa.
Step 2: Obtain a Trade License
To register as a freelancer in Dubai, the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA) requires that you have a trade license. The license allows you to operate and work on your own account legally.
Step 3: Get an Emirates ID
An Emirates ID is a mandatory requirement for all residents in the UAE. It serves as a form of identification and allows you to access government services.
Step 4: Undergo Medical Examination
Before obtaining a freelance visa, you must undergo a full medical examination to ensure that you are in good health.
Step 5: Submit Your Application
Once you have all the required documents, you can submit your application to either the Dubai Economic Development (DED) or the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA).
1. Is there any age restriction to apply for a freelance visa in Dubai?
No, there is no age restriction to apply for a freelance visa in Dubai.
2. Can I sponsor my own freelance visa application in Dubai?
No, you need a Dubai-based sponsor to obtain a freelance visa in Dubai.
3. Can I change my visa status from a salary-based visa to a freelance visa in Dubai?
Yes, you can change your visa status from a salary-based visa to a freelance visa in Dubai. However, you may need to provide additional documents and fulfill the requirements for obtaining a freelance visa in Dubai.
4. Can I work for multiple clients as a freelancer in Dubai?
Yes, you can work for multiple clients as a freelancer in Dubai. However, you need to make sure that you have the necessary licenses and follow the regulations set by the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority.