Are you looking for a way to work in the United States on a temporary basis? Basically, H1B visa is a common category of work visas that can help you in this regard. However, you might want to consider a subcategory of H1B visa known as H1B Genius Visa. This subcategory provides an excellent opportunity for skilled and knowledgeable foreign nationals to work in the US.
So, what is H1B Genius Visa, and how is it different from other types of H1B visas? How can you qualify for this visa category? What are the requirements, and what is the application process like? This guide aims to answer all of your queries related to the H1B Genius Visa subclass.
- H1B Genius Visa is a subcategory of H1B visa that allows skilled foreign nationals to work in the US on a temporary basis.
- The visa category is designed for individuals with exceptional abilities in science, arts, education, business, or athletics.
- The applicant must demonstrate an extraordinary level of expertise in their field to qualify for the visa category.
- The H1B Genius Visa application process involves filing a petition with the USCIS, including evidence of the applicant’s extraordinary abilities, and obtaining a job offer from a US employer.
What is H1B Genius Visa?
H1B Genius Visa, also known as H1B Visa for individuals with extraordinary abilities, is a subcategory of the H1B visa class. The visa is designed for foreign nationals with exceptional abilities in science, arts, education, business, or athletics.
The H1B Genius Visa requires the applicant to demonstrate an extraordinary level of expertise in their field. This subcategory is limited to only 100 visas each fiscal year. The selected individuals will be granted a maximum of six years of stay in the US.
Qualifying for the H1B Genius Visa
To qualify for the H1B Genius Visa, the applicant must meet certain criteria, such as
- The applicant must have an exceptional level of expertise in their field.
- The applicant must have gained national, international, or regional recognition of his/her achievements
- The Applicant’s ability must be recognized through extensive documentation, like scholarly articles, awards, and publications, and the applicant must be a member of an organization that requires outstanding achievements for admission.
- The applicant must be coming to the US to work in his/her area of extraordinary talent or knowledge.
The Application Process
The application process for H1B Genius Visa involves several steps, such as
- Finding a sponsoring employer in the US that can offer you a qualifying job.
- Collecting and preparing relevant documentation that demonstrate your expertise in a particular field.
- Submitting a Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, including supporting documentation, to the USCIS.
- Paying the required filing fee and submitting your application to the USCIS.
- Attending a visa interview at a US embassy or consulate in your home country (if required).
The H1B Genius Visa is a unique opportunity for skilled foreigners to work temporarily in the US. However, the application process for this visa subclass can be very lengthy and challenging. If you think that you are eligible for this visa category, consider consulting with an experienced immigration lawyer to help you navigate through the process.
1. How many H1B Genius Visas are granted each year?
Only 100 H1B Genius Visas are granted each fiscal year.
2. How long can I stay in the US with an H1B Genius Visa?
An individual can be granted a maximum of six years of stay in the US with an H1B Genius Visa.
3. Can I apply for a green card after getting the H1B Genius Visa?
Yes, you can apply for a green card if you have the H1B Genius Visa. However, the green card process is separate from the H1B application process.
Leave a Reply