If you’re a Romanian citizen living in the UK, it’s important to ensure that you have a valid Romanian passport. In this article, we provide a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Romanian passport in the UK, including all the necessary documents, fees, and application process.
- A valid Romanian passport is necessary for Romanian citizens living in the UK.
- The Romanian embassy in London is responsible for processing passport applications from UK residents.
- To apply for a Romanian passport, you must provide a range of documents, including proof of citizenship, proof of identity, and proof of residential address.
- The application process for a Romanian passport involves a few simple steps, including scheduling an appointment, submitting your application, paying the appropriate fees, and waiting for your passport to be processed.
Step 1: Collect the Necessary Documents
Before you apply for a Romanian passport in the UK, you’ll need to gather the following documents:
- Your original Romanian birth certificate.
- Your Romanian ID card or Romanian passport (if it has expired).
- Proof of residency in the UK (e.g. utility bills, rental agreements, bank statements).
If you were born in Romania but don’t have a Romanian birth certificate, you can request a copy from the relevant authorities.
Step 2: Schedule an Appointment
Once you have all the necessary documents, you can schedule an appointment at the Romanian embassy in London. You can do this online via the embassy’s website or by calling their consular department.
Step 3: Submit Your Application
On the day of your appointment, you’ll need to submit your passport application to the consular staff. Make sure you have all the necessary documents with you, including any additional forms that may be required.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
There is an application fee to apply for a Romanian passport. The fee varies depending on the type of passport you require, as well as any additional services you may need. Payment can be made by cash or credit card at the embassy.
Step 5: Wait for Your Passport to Be Processed
Processing times for Romanian passport applications can vary, but you can expect to wait a few weeks before your passport is ready to be collected. You’ll receive an email or text message letting you know when your passport is ready, and you can then go to the embassy to collect it.
Applying for a Romanian passport in the UK is a fairly simple process, but it does require some preparation and attention to detail. Be sure to have all the necessary documents with you when you attend your appointment, and make sure you pay the appropriate fee. With a little patience and perseverance, you’ll soon have your new Romanian passport in hand.
How long does it take to get a Romanian passport in the UK?
Processing times for Romanian passport applications can vary, but you can expect to wait a few weeks before your passport is ready to be collected.
How much does it cost to apply for a Romanian passport in the UK?
The fee for a Romanian passport can vary depending on the type of passport you require, as well as any additional services you may need. You can check the current fees on the Romanian embassy website.
What documents do I need to apply for a Romanian passport in the UK?
To apply for a Romanian passport in the UK, you’ll need to provide your original Romanian birth certificate, your Romanian ID card or expiring Romanian passport, and proof of residency in the UK.
Leave a Reply