If you’re an H1B visa holder, it’s always important to know your visa status. One of the possible status changes is revocation. Revocation means that your visa is invalid and you cannot work for the employer that sponsored your H1B visa petition. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to check if your H1B visa is revoked.
- H1B Visa can be revoked by various entities, including US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL).
- Revocation of H1B visa can happen for several reasons: fraud, misrepresentation, or administrative error.
- Individuals can check the status of their visa online by using their USCIS case number.
- Employers that have sponsored H1B visas for their employees can check the status of their employee’s visa through the E-Verify system.
How to Check if H1B Visa is Revoked
Step 1: Find Your USCIS Case Number
Your USCIS case number is a unique number assigned to your case. You can find your USCIS case number on any official USCIS document related to your visa, such as Form I-797, Form I-129, or Form I-140.
Step 2: Check Your Visa Status Online
Once you have your USCIS case number, you can check your visa status online through the USCIS website. Here’s how:
- Go to the USCIS website and click on the “Check Status” button.
- Enter your USCIS case number and click “Check Status”.
- The website will show you the current status of your case.
If your visa has been revoked, the website will display the revocation notice.
Step 3: Check with your Employer
Your employer can also check the status of your H1B visa. If you’re unsure how to use the E-Verify system or don’t have access to it, your employer’s human resource department may be able to assist you. Alternatively, if you’re no longer with the employer that sponsored your H1B visa, you may want to contact them directly to ask about the status of your visa.
Step 4: Follow up with USCIS or DOL
If you find out that your visa has been revoked, you can follow up with USCIS or DOL for more information. Revocations can happen for many reasons, including fraud, misrepresentation, or administrative error. If you believe your visa has been revoked in error, you should contact USCIS as soon as possible to try to resolve the issue.
Checking the status of your H1B visa is important, especially since your ability to work in the United States depends on its validity. If you suspect that your H1B visa has been revoked, take action immediately by following the steps outlined above.
Q: Can my H1B visa be revoked without my knowledge?
A: Yes, your visa can be revoked without your knowledge. It’s always a good idea to check your visa status regularly to make sure it’s valid.
Q: Can I continue to work if my H1B visa has been revoked?
A: No, you cannot work if your H1B visa has been revoked. You must leave the country or find another employer to sponsor your visa.