Submitting a UK visa application can be a nerve-wracking experience, especially if it’s your first time. Unfortunately, despite your best efforts, you might realize there’s a mistake in your application after you’ve already submitted it. If this happens, it’s vital that you make the necessary changes as soon as possible, or you risk having your application rejected. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to make changes in an online UK visa application after submission.
- You can only make changes to your UK visa application after submission if you haven’t yet attended a biometric appointment or submitted your supporting documents.
- You should check your UK visa application thoroughly before submitting to avoid errors or mistakes.
- Be aware of the UK visa processing times and factor them in when making changes.
- For minor changes such as typos, you can contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) directly via email or phone.
How to Modify a UK Visa Application Online
If you haven’t yet attended a biometric appointment or submitted your supporting documents, you can make changes to your UK visa application online. Here’s how:
- Visit the UK Visas and Immigration website and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Enter your login details, which include your email address and password.
- Once you’ve logged in, find the relevant visa application you want to modify and click on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you’ll see an option to “View/Edit Application”.
- Click on the “View/Edit Application” button, and you’ll be directed to a page where you can make changes to your information.
- After you’ve made the necessary changes, review your application once again and then click the “Submit” button.
Note that if you’ve already submitted your supporting documents or you’ve attended a biometric appointment, you won’t be able to make changes online. You’ll have to contact UKVI directly to discuss your options.
Contacting UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
If you need to make changes to your UK visa application, and you’ve already submitted your supporting documents or attended a biometric appointment, you’ll need to contact UKVI directly.
- Visit the UK Visas and Immigration website and click on the “Contact UK Visas and Immigration” button.
- You’ll be directed to a page where you’ll find different ways to contact UKVI, including email and phone.
- Choose the option that’s most convenient for you and provide your application details, including your name, application reference number, and date of birth.
- Explain the changes you need to make and why.
- One of UKVI’s advisors will get in touch with you to discuss your options.
If you’ve made a mistake on your UK visa application or need to make some changes, don’t panic. It’s essential to act quickly to ensure that your visa application is successful. Always remember to double-check your application before submitting to avoid mistakes. And, if in doubt, contact UKVI for assistance.
Can I Modify My UK Visa Application After Attending a Biometric Appointment?
No, you can’t modify your UK visa application online once you’ve attended a biometric appointment.
What If I Identify a Mistake After I’ve Submitted My UK Visa Application?
If you’ve already submitted your UK visa application, and you’ve identified a mistake or error, you’ll need to take action quickly. Contact UKVI as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Can I Correct a Typo on My UK Visa Application?
Yes, if you’ve made a typo or an error in your UK visa application, you can contact UKVI to correct it. However, keep in mind that it’s always best to double-check your application before submitting to avoid mistakes.