Receiving your passport after your visa application has been approved can be a nerve-wracking experience. You may have several questions running through your mind. What’s the process like? How long does it take to receive your passport? Can you track your passport’s delivery progress? Here’s what you need to know about receiving your passport couriered from the Canada Visa Application Center:
- Once your visa application has been approved, your passport will be couriered to you within two to four weeks of the approval date.
- You can track your passport’s delivery status by using the tracking number that you receive after it has been couriered.
- Someone must be present at the address given during the courier’s delivery hours to receive your passport.
- You might also receive a notification via SMS and an email as your passport is couriered.
- You’ll need to sign for your passport upon receiving it.
Steps to Receive Your Passport
Wait for an Email Notification
- The Canada Visa Application Center will send you an email indicating that the decision has been reached on your visa application.
- You’ll receive an email requesting you to submit your passport either at the visa application center or by courier.
- If you have chosen courier service, then you will need to wait for 2-4 weeks to get your passport delivered to your chosen address.
Receive a Tracking Number
- Once your application is approved and your passport is ready for couriering, you will receive an email containing your tracking number.
- This tracking number will help you to monitor the progress of your delivery.
Prepare for Delivery
- Keep yourself updated with the tracking information provided by the Canada Visa Application Center.
- Make sure that someone is available to receive the courier during the delivery hours they provide.
- Keep a valid government-issued identification card like a driver’s license or an ID card.
Sign for the Delivery
- Make sure to sign for the courier upon arrival within the provided delivery hours.
- You should closely check your passport for any errors or damages before you sign for it.
- In case of any discrepancies, immediately reach out to the responsible authorities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the delivery address of my passport after it has been couriered?
No, you cannot change the delivery address after the courier service has been availed or requested. You’ll need to collect your passport from the Canada Visa Application Center in such cases.
How long do I have to receive my passport after the visa approval?
Your passport will be couriered to you within two to four weeks of the approval date.
Can I track my passport delivery status?
Yes, you can track your passport delivery status using the tracking number provided to you via email.
What should I do if I am not present at the delivery address at the time of courier delivery?
If you are not available to receive the courier and sign for your passport, it will be returned to the Canada Visa Application Center. You can contact them to reschedule your delivery or collect your passport from the Application Center.
Receiving your passport couriered from the Canada Visa Application Center can be an anxious experience, but don’t worry, as long as you have followed the necessary steps, you’ll receive your passport soon enough. Monitor the progress of your delivery using the tracking number provided to you, and make sure someone is available to sign for your passport upon delivery.
Leave a Reply