If you’re planning to visit the UAE, whether for leisure or work purposes, the ICA approval for a visit visa is an essential aspect that you don’t want to overlook. The UAE government mandates that all visitors receive ICA approval before their arrival in the country. In this guide, we’ll provide you with comprehensive information on the required documentation, application process, and actionable tips on how to increase your chances of getting approved.
- ICA approval is a mandatory requirement for all visitors to the UAE with the exception of citizens of GCC countries.
- You need to apply for the ICA approval before receiving your visit visa.
- ICA approval is valid for 60 days and can be extended once for a similar period.
- ICA approval is only applicable for single-entry visit visas.
What is ICA Approval for Visit Visa?
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) approves all visit visas for the UAE issued by the local authorities. The ICA checks the visa application’s authenticity and ensures that the applicant meets the necessary requirements for entering the country. It’s essential to apply for ICA approval before the visit visa application because the visa is only valid after receiving the ICA approval.
How to Apply for ICA Approval?
ICA approval applications are made through the ICA website or via the UAE Pass app. To apply for the ICA approval, you need the following documents:
- A copy of your passport with at least six months’ validity from the intended date of arrival.
- A passport-size photograph.
- A valid UAE visit visa (this is not required for GCC nationals).
- A confirmed flight booking.
The steps for applying for ICA approval are as follows:
- Visit the ICA website, click on the ‘Entry Permit’ tab, and select the ‘Resident or Tourist’ option.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the processing fees.
- Wait for the confirmation, which is usually sent to your email within a few working days.
Tips to Increase Your Chances of Getting Approved for ICA Approval
If you’re concerned about getting ICA approval, there are some tips you can follow to increase your chances of approval. These include:
- Apply as early as possible to avoid delays.
- Ensure your passport has more than six months of remaining validity.
- Provide accurate and complete information on your application form.
- Avoid booking refundable or non-refundable tickets until you receive ICA approval.
- Ensure that you have sufficient funds for your trip and proof of funds such as bank statements, salary slips, and income tax returns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need ICA approval for a transit visa?
No, ICA approval is not required for a transit visa.
Can I apply for ICA approval without a visa?
No, ICA approval applications require confirmation of a valid visit visa.
How long does ICA approval take to process?
ICA approval has a processing time of up to seven working days. However, it’s possible to receive approval in as little as a few hours after submission.
Can I apply for ICA approval without confirmed travel details?
No, applicants for ICA approval are required to upload a confirmed flight booking to proceed with their application.
Can I extend my ICA approval if I needed to stay in the UAE for more than 60 days?
Yes, ICA approval can be extended once for a period of an additional 60 days.
Can I get ICA approval upon arrival at the UAE airport?
No, ICA approval must be obtained before your arrival in the UAE.
Getting ICA approval is an essential process for anyone intending to visit the UAE. It’s crucial to apply for ICA approval as early as possible to avoid any delays that may negatively impact your stay. Ensure that you provide accurate and complete information on your application form and meet all the necessary requirements to increase your chances of approval. By following the tips provided in this guide, you should be well-equipped to obtain your ICA approval and enjoy your trip to the UAE without hassle.