Are you a foreign worker eager to work in the United States? If yes, you might be interested in an L1 visa, which allows you to work for a US company that also operates in your home country. In this article, we’ll provide an overview of the L1 visa, discuss the benefits of working for an L1 visa sponsoring company, and provide a list of the top L1 visa sponsoring companies.
What is an L1 Visa?
An L1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign workers to work for a US company that also operates in their home country. There are two types of L1 visas: L1A visas for executives and managers, and L1B visas for workers with specialized knowledge.
To qualify for an L1 visa, the foreign worker must have worked for the US company’s subsidiary, parent, affiliate, or branch abroad for at least one year out of the last three years. The foreign worker must also be coming to the United States to work in a managerial or executive position or in a role that requires specialized knowledge.
Benefits of Working for an L1 Visa Sponsoring Company
Working for an L1 visa sponsoring company comes with several benefits, including:
- Higher Salary: L1 visa workers often receive higher salaries than their US-based counterparts due to their unique skill set and work experience.
- Job Security: As an L1 visa worker, you have job security because your employment is tied to the sponsoring company.
- Opportunity to Work in the United States: An L1 visa allows you to live and work in the United States temporarily or permanently.
Top L1 Visa Sponsoring Companies
If you’re interested in working for an L1 visa sponsoring company, here is a list of some of the top employers:
- Apple Inc.: Apple is a multinational technology company that has over 500 stores worldwide. They have a special office that helps foreign workers apply for L1 visas. To work in the US, you must meet the L1 visa requirements and have a job offer from Apple.
- Facebook Inc.: Facebook is a social media company with over 2.7 billion monthly active users. They often sponsor L1 visas for foreign workers who possess specialized knowledge in their field.
- Google LLC: Google is a search engine giant with over 100,000 employees worldwide. They frequently sponsor L1 visas for foreign workers in managerial or executive positions or in roles that require specialized knowledge.
- Microsoft: Microsoft is a multinational technology company that offers multiple L1 visa sponsorship programs. They sponsor L1 visas for foreign workers in all its departments around the world.
- Birdeye: Birdeye is a platform that helps small businesses manage their online reputation. They’re also one of the top small business L1 visa sponsors.
- HashiCorp: HashiCorp is an IT services company that offers software development tools. They sponsor L1 visas for foreign workers in their senior leadership, engineering and product teams.
- RingCentral: RingCentral offers cloud communication services to small businesses. They often sponsor L1 visas for foreign workers in their business development, product management, marketing, and engineering departments.
If you’re a foreign worker and interested in working in the United States, pursuing an L1 visa can be a great option. There are several top L1 visa sponsoring companies that you can consider. Ensure that you review the eligibility criteria and application process for each company to determine which one is a good fit for you.
1. What is an L1 visa?
An L1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign workers to work for a US company that also operates in their home country.
2. Which companies sponsor L1 visas?
Several large corporations and small businesses sponsor L1 visas. Some of the top employers include Apple, Facebook, Google, and Birdeye, HashiCorp, and RingCentral.
3. What are the benefits of working for an L1 visa sponsoring company?
Some benefits of working for an L1 visa sponsoring company include higher salaries, job security, and the opportunity to work in the United States.