If you’re an Indian passport holder with a layover in Dubai, you may need to obtain a transit visa before you can leave the airport. Dubai is a popular stopover destination for many travelers, as well as a hub for international flights. Knowing how to obtain a transit visa can save you time and hassle during your journey. Here’s everything you need to know about obtaining a Dubai transit visa for Indian passport holders.
- Indian passport holders traveling through Dubai may require a transit visa.
- A Dubai transit visa allows you to leave the airport and explore the city during your layover.
- There are two types of transit visas available – 48-hour and 96-hour, both single-entry.
- Applicants must provide specific documentation to apply, including a passport with a minimum validity of six months at the time of application.
What is Dubai Transit Visa?
A Dubai transit visa is a temporary visa that allows a foreign national to enter Dubai for a short period of time. A transit visa is typically issued to travelers who are passing through Dubai to reach their final destination. It allows the traveler to leave the airport during the layover and explore the city, as well as attend to any business affairs they might have.
Who Needs to Apply for Dubai Transit Visa?
Indian passport holders are required to apply for a transit visa if they plan to leave the airport during their layover in Dubai. If you are transiting through Dubai and your layover is less than 8 hours, you are not required to obtain a transit visa. However, if you have a layover of more than 8 hours, you will need to apply for a transit visa if you plan to leave the airport.
Types of Dubai Transit Visas for Indian Passport Holders
There are two types of Dubai transit visas available for Indian passport holders – the 48-hour transit visa and the 96-hour transit visa. Both visas are single-entry visas and will be valid for the duration of your layover in Dubai. The 48-hour transit visa is valid for a maximum of 48 hours, and the 96-hour transit visa is valid for a maximum of 96 hours.
Dubai Transit Visa Application Procedure for Indian Passport Holders
To apply for a Dubai transit visa, Indian passport holders need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website for the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) of Dubai.
- Click on the “Services” tab and select “Visas.”
- Select “Transit Visa” and then choose either the 48-hour or the 96-hour visa option.
- Enter your passport details and provide additional information as required.
- Upload all relevant documents, including a scanned copy of your passport and a passport-sized photograph.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit or debit card.
Documents Required for Dubai Transit Visa Application
To apply for a Dubai transit visa, Indian passport holders will need to provide the following documents:
- A passport with a minimum validity of six months at the time of application
- A passport-sized photograph
- Confirmed flight booking
- Visa application form
- Proof of accommodation (only required for the 96-hour transit visa)
Dubai Transit Visa Fees for Indian Passport Holders
The fee for a 48-hour transit visa is AED 50, while the fee for a 96-hour transit visa is AED 100. Applicants can pay the fees online using a credit or debit card.
Tips and Advice for a Successful Dubai Transit Visa Application
To ensure a successful transit visa application, Indian passport holders should keep the following tips in mind:
- Apply at least two weeks before your travel date to avoid any last-minute complications.
- Double-check all the documents before application to avoid any mistakes or omissions.
- Keep a copy of your visa application and all supporting documents with you when you travel.
- Ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your layover in Dubai.
- Be sure to follow all pertinent COVID-19 protocols and requirements when traveling to Dubai.
Obtaining a Dubai transit visa for Indian passport holders is easy and straightforward. Following the application process as outlined above allows travelers to leave the airport and explore the city during their layover, opening up a world of possibilities. Now that you have the information you need to apply for a Dubai transit visa, you can be confident and fully prepared for your upcoming journey.
Q. What if an Indian passport holder overstays their transit visa in Dubai?
A. Overstaying your transit visa in Dubai can result in a fine, detention, and deportation. It’s crucial to ensure that you leave Dubai within the validity of your transit visa.
Q. Can Indian passport holders apply for a transit visa on arrival in Dubai?
A. No, Indian passport holders are not eligible for a transit visa on arrival in Dubai. All transit visa applications must be made online in advance.
Leave a Reply