If you are applying for a UK visa, it is essential to track the status of your application. The Global Web Form (GWF) number is a unique reference number generated when you complete your visa application online. This guide will provide you with useful insights on how to track your application using the GWF number.
Finding Your GWF Number
After you complete your visa application online, you will receive an email from UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) containing a summary of your application and your GWF number. If you did not receive an email, you can check the status of your application using the following steps:
- Visit the Visa4UK website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “View/Edit Applications” tab.
- Select the application you wish to track.
- Your GWF number should be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the page.
It is important to keep your GWF number safe as you will need it to track the status of your application.
Tracking Your UK Visa Application Status
The UKVI offers an online tracking service, which allows applicants to check the status of their applications. Follow these steps to track your visa application status using the GWF number:
- Visit the Visa Application Centre website.
- Click on the “Track Your Application” link.
- Select the country where you applied for your visa from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your GWF number and your date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
After submitting your details, you will be able to view the current status of your visa application, including whether it is still being processed or if a decision has been made.
Common Issues with UK Visa Tracking
There are a few common issues that applicants may encounter when tracking their UK visa application status:
GWF number not recognized: If the system does not recognize your GWF number, you should recheck your GWF number details and try again. If the problem persists, contact the UKVI customer service helpline.
Status not updated: If the status of your visa application has not been updated, it may be because your application is still being processed. The processing times can vary depending on the type of visa and the country where you applied.
Decisions taking longer than expected: If the decision is taking longer than expected, it could be due to a high volume of applications or due to additional scrutiny of your application.
- The GWF number is a unique reference number generated when you complete your visa application online.
- The GWF number is essential to track your visa application status.
- The Visa Application Centre website offers an online tracking service that allows you to check the status of your application.
- Common issues when tracking UK visa applications include the GWF number not being recognized, the status not being updated, and decisions taking longer than expected.
Can I track my UK visa application without a GWF number?
No, you cannot track your UK visa application online without a GWF number.
What should I do if my visa application is taking longer than expected?
If your visa application is taking longer than expected, you can contact the UKVI customer service helpline for an update.
How often should I check the status of my UK visa application?
There is no set frequency for checking the status of your UK visa application. You can check the status as often as you like, but keep in mind that it may take some time for your application to be processed.
Leave a Reply