If you’re looking for a change of scenery, finding a way to work abroad can be an excellent opportunity. For Indian citizens, navigating the visa process can seem daunting, especially when you factor in various requirements, application processes, and waiting times. If you’re looking for the easiest countries to obtain a work visa, then read on. This comprehensive guide will provide you with all the information you need.
Where are the easiest work visas to get as an Indian citizen?
Canada is known for being an attractive destination for people to work and live, and the Canadian government encourages immigration that can add value to its economy. Indian citizens have several options to apply for a work visa in Canada.
Work visa options for Indian citizens in Canada
- Global Talent Stream: The Canadian government has implemented the Global Talent Stream program to bring in high-skilled foreign workers for specific tech-related occupations. The program permits employers to hire eligible foreign workers within two weeks. However, it requires Canadian job offers with a high salary, often above CAD 80,000.
- Express Entry: Express Entry program is an expedited pathway for skilled foreign workers to apply for permanent residency or a work visa. Indian citizens can score points based on their age, education, work experience and language proficiency, among other factors. Those who meet the eligibility criteria can receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residency or express entry work visa. The processing time for express entry work permits is faster than most other work permits in Canada.
- Intra-Company Transfers: Canada also facilitates Indian citizens to change their employer while working in Canada on a temporary work permit. The Intra-Company Transfer program permits foreign workers to transfer from their home country to a Canadian subsidiary or affiliate office for training and work experience.
Germany is one of the few countries that offer a robust job search visa, which enables individuals to enter the country on a work visa for six months and find a job in their field. Indian citizens who want to work in Germany can take advantage of several visa categories that require less paperwork and have a shorter processing time.
Work visa options for Indian citizens in Germany
- Job Seeker visa: A job seeker visa enables Indian nationals to enter Germany legally and search for a job. A job seeker visa is initially granted for six months, and during that period, the visa holder can travel throughout Germany with full work rights. If an individual finds a job within six months, the job seeker visa can be converted into a long-term work visa or a Blue Card.
- Skilled worker visa: Skilled foreign workers can apply for a skilled worker visa if they have a job offer from a German employer. The processing time is faster than other European countries, and the visa holder can obtain their visa within six to eight weeks.
Singapore is one of the most business-friendly countries in Asia and offers opportunities for skilled professionals to work and live there. Singapore has low unemployment rates and offers excellent living standards. The government provides several options for Indian citizens who wish to work in Singapore.
Work visa options for Indian citizens in Singapore
- Employment Pass: The Employment Pass is Singapore’s most common work visa for skilled foreign workers with a job offer from a Singaporean employer. Indian citizens can apply through the Ministry of Manpower, where they will be evaluated based on their qualifications and experience. The processing time for an employment pass is typically within eight weeks.
- S Pass: An S Pass is a mid-level work visa for skilled workers, and the processing time is typically faster than that of other countries. Unlike the Employment Pass, the S Pass allows workers in areas like manufacturing, construction and services with relevant if not as high qualifications to work in Singapore.
- Canada, Germany, and Singapore are excellent countries for Indian nationals to obtain a work visa.
- Global Talent Stream, Express Entry, and Intra-Company Transfer program are popular work visa options in Canada.
- Germany’s Job Seeker visa and Skilled worker visa offer great opportunities for Indian nationals to work in Germany.
- Singapore’s Employment Pass and S Pass are the most common work visa options for Indian citizens.
Obtaining a work visa can be challenging, but understanding the different options available to you can make the process much more manageable. This comprehensive guide highlights the countries that offer the easiest work visas for Indian citizens, including the various visa categories and processing times. Before beginning the application process, research the specific requirements for each visa class and ensure you meet all eligibility requirements.
What is the processing time for work visas in Canada?
The processing time for Canadian work visas varies depending on the visa category, but typically it takes around four to five months to process an application. However, some visa categories like Express Entry have faster processing times.
Can I change my employer on a Canadian work visa?
Yes, it is possible to change your employer while on a Canadian work visa. However, you will need to follow specific guidelines and requirements set by the Canadian government.
How long can I stay in Germany on a Job Seeker visa?
The initial Job Seeker Visa is granted for six months; during that time, the visa holder can search for employment. Once the visa holder finds a job, they can either apply for a Blue Card (work and residence permit) or a regular work permit.